It Doesn’t Take Much Time to Regain Your Peace of Mind!
Finally, one day, I stopped myself and asked, “What’s going on? Why don’t I feel happy? Why don’t I feel good that I am busy with the work I wanted to do? Is that not what I wanted? Why am I feeling so restless?” As I reflected upon this, I realized that I was ignoring my peace of mind and was doing everything else at its expense. I had de-prioritized my peace of mind. I realized my mistake. Immediately, I changed my priorities. I started doing yoga and meditation again, and immediately my energy came back. I felt vibrant, healthy, and, most importantly, peaceful. Things started flowing well in life again. My appetite was back, and I started eating well. I got back to the rhythm of being myself as soon as I prioritized peace of mind.
Do you know how long it took for me to get back into the groove? Just one day. Yes, all it took was one day! The moment I prioritized peace of mind and took actions to promote it, I started feeling better. That’s a huge point! All you need to do to feel well and de-stress is to prioritize your peace of mind and take the necessary actions to make it happen. By choosing to read this, you have already taken a step toward achieving peace of mind. Here are the 7 things you can do to keep your mind peaceful:
1. For the next week, no matter what happens, be determined to remain peaceful.
2. When a negative news attracts your attention, stop for a moment and ask yourself if it is worth losing your peace of mind for this.
3. If a family member, friend, or colleague makes a comment you don’t like, ask yourself whether that’s worth arguing and getting into a fight.
4. When protesters rally against our president, ask yourself if that’s going to help do good for anyone or if it is a selfish act.
5. Allot yourself not more than 15 minutes a day for you to be up-to-date on the news. That’s ample time to learn the major news events of the day without getting dragged into instigating details.
6. If possible, for the next three weekends, go away somewhere you won’t be bothered by anyone and where you can relax and regain your peace of mind.
7. Make sure you prioritize your peace of mind. Keep your quiet time appointment as if you would keep the appointment with the most important person of your dreams.